Pages

cute as a button

Style :
YES! At last, the UK has seen some blue skies and sunshine. It may not last long so in honour of the big yellow ball in the sky here are some little yellow balls! This ray of sunshine is known as the Billy Button. This is a flower you probably recognise but I never knew what it was called, and now I know the name I like them even more.  Otherwise known as Craspedia globosa they are native to Australia but are available in the spring and summer in the UK.  They last well and can be dried so they make them perfect for weddings.  I love their simplicity and boldness and there are so many different ways to incorporate them into floral displays. I especially like them for buttonholes, a little more manly than a flowery flower they are sure to be popular with the groom.  Stick with royal or navy blues and greys as they work super well with the yellow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment