Pages

Charmed, I'm Sure.

Style :


The antique store where I was working (I'm on a bit of a hiatus) is on the same block as a wonderful paper store, Bennett Schneider.  Bennett Schneider has been the go-to spot for hostesses and brides for at least a couple of generations.  I ordered my wedding invitations there, as well as the first stationary with my married monogram and my birth announcements.







They rang me up the other day to let me know they are carrying a really special line of jewelry.  (In my other life, the real one, where people actually know what I look like and recognize the sound of my voice, I am co-chairing the boys' school auction.  Now might not be a good time to get to know me as I am either a) asking for something, b) slightly manic, or c) freaking out.)  So I stopped in with my friend (and co-chair) to see what it was all about.

Heather Moore is a jewelry artist, who describes herself as coming from, "a family of characters: artists, inventors, spies, writers, designers, travelers, scientists and dotcomers."   
The charms come in a few different shapes, can be made in either sterling silver, yellow or white gold or a combination, and are then hand stamped with your choice of letters or numbers.

Stones and pearls are available as well.  In addition to bracelets and necklaces, Moore also carries cuff-links and rings.
I like really personal jewelry, so these appeal to me as you are only limited by your own imagination.  Monograms, wedding dates, birth dates, baby names, words that inspire combined any way you like.

For some reason, I'm really drawn to the pieces with numbers.  Mr. Blandings is actually Mr. Blandings, IV, so numbers can be significant to us.  Like the time I met an older gentleman at a party and was introduced as "Mr. Blandings's wife."  The wide-eyed patriarch replied, "I guess I haven't seen him in a while."  "No, no.  His son. Not Three, Four."
Anyway, we are headed into wedding season (and these would make lovely bridesmaid's gifts) and Mother's Day and Father's Day are right around the corner.  Think what a sincere hug you would receive for thinking ahead.  I also have a little, oft-mentioned, personal philosophy that every woman should buy herself one, good, piece of jewelry every year.  

If you are "in town," Bennett Schneider will be hosting a trunk show April 11 and 12 (don't worry, I'll remind you) but you can stop in the shop anytime as there are several samples on hand.  
Bennett Schneider
311 E. 55th St.
816-444-8484

0 comments:

Post a Comment