Pages

Mark Your Calendar - Out and About In Town

Style : Last year when I was co-chairing my boys' school auction, my partner had a mantra.  When people asked us if we were crazy she would say, "I'm having a blast!"  When people asked us if we were tired she would say, "I'm having a blast!"  When people asked us...well, you get the idea.  She was having a blast.  And I was having a blast working with her though my enthusiasm for the project ebbed and flowed.  Her birthday fell smack dab in the middle of the whole planning portion and I had a bracelet made by a wonderful jewelry artist who hand-stamped, "I'm having a blast!" into silver to commemorate her perpetually sunny outlook.

The artist, Elle, of Elle Silverworks, will be at Stuff in Brookside on Friday from 5 until 8.  Stop in and see her latest collection or order a custom piece which will be ready for Christmas gifting.  Not just bracelets, there are earrings and rings and charms and all good stuff girlie.  I am popping in myself as I cannot stay away from this fabulous spot.  

Just up the road a piece (you think that we talk like this don't you?) is holiday hoopla like none I've ever seen.  An incredible group of women, including Gwen McLure and Teri Elliott who have a fantastic booth at the Mission Road Antique Mall and Debbie Dusenberry who owns Curious Sofa, are coming together to create a holiday bazaar that has nothing to do with styrofoam ornaments and pot holders.


They will be in the barn at the Alexander Major's house at 82nd & State Line, Friday 6 -9 and Saturday 10 - 6.  There is a $5 admission Friday to support the Major's house, but Saturday admission is free.  More info on all of the vendors can be found here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment